Since 1989, St. Louise Regional Hospital has been caring for the residents in Santa Clara and San Benito Counties by offering a wide range of high-quality inpatient and outpatient medical specialties. Affectionately known as South County’s community hospital, St. Louise has 93 beds, is a Designated Primary Stroke Center, and is the only acute care hospital in the area. Located in Gilroy, St. Louise is one of the largest employers in the community and CALSTAR 2 emergency helicopter transport is available on the premises. We are particularly proud of our virtually flawless Joint Commission inspections. Whether for maternity care, surgery or a medical emergency, the hospital’s reputation for quality, compassionate care is renowned in the region.
St. Louise Regional Hospital is one of three hospitals that make up Santa Clara Valley Healthcare (SCVH), the healthcare delivery system that also includes Santa Clara Valley Medical Center; O'Connor Hospital; and multiple primary, specialty and urgent care clinics.
St. Louise is proud to operate the De Paul Health Center in Morgan Hill featuring Urgent Care, Breast Care and medical office suites. De Paul was the original St. Louise hospital site until 1999 when the hospital was relocated to Gilroy to serve the fast-growing South County community.
The County of Santa Clara owns and operates SCVH, with hospitals and clinics operated by the County under a consolidated license from the California Department of Public Health. The Hospitals and Clinics Delivery System is part of the broader County of Santa Clara Health System.
Awards and Recognition
- American Heart Association’s Get With The Guidelines®-Stroke GOLD PLUS with Target: Stroke with an additional Honor Roll Elite Plus and Target: Type 2 Diabetes Honor Roll Award 2023
- Get with the Guidelines (GWTG) Stroke Gold Plus with Target Stroke 2022
- GWTG- Honor Roll Elite Plus and Target: Type 2 Diabetes Honor Roll 2022
- Opioid Care Honor Roll Recognition for Superior Performance 2022
- TJC Primary Stroke Center
- TJC Laboratory Accreditation
- TJC Hospital Accreditation
- California Maternal Quality Care Collaborative Award (CMQCC) Quality & Sustainability Award NTSV Cesarean Birth Rate
- DHCS Newborn Hearing & Screening Program Certified
- mPINC Hospital Report—100%
- California Health and Human Services Agency/Hospital Quality Institute/ Cal Hospital Compare—Honor Roll for Maternity Care
- Baby Friendly Designated
- American Association of Critical Care Nurses (AACN) Beacon Award Excellence- Silver Level (SLRH ICU)
- Workplace for Life Award presentation to St. Louise (February 15, 2023)- Donor Network West
- Public Health Department rated SLRH for 2020 as the 16th highest in the state for exclusive breastfeeding.